There’s always something new to eat at the San Diego County Fair.
• Calamari Stand: Blue Mussels
• Pat’s Pizza on the Concourse: Oven Baked Sandwiches
Deep Fried Butter Stand (formerly Heart Attack Café; near AgriFair and the Infield Bridge)
• Deep-Fried Beer-Battered Bacon Bliss — Strips of thick-cut bacon dipped in a zesty batter and fried till extra crispy and paired with ranch and BBQ sauce. • Deep-Fried, Chocolate-Covered Bacon on a Stick — dipped in pancake batter, deep fried and served with whipped cream.
• Deep-Fried Pigs in a Blanket — thick-cut bacon, dipped in pancake batter, then deep fried and served covered in butter and syrup.
• Chocolate-Covered Corn Dog — a hot crisp corn dog dipped in rich, thick, semi-sweet chocolate and covered with rainbow sprinkles.
Chicken Charlie’s near AgriFair:
• Fry BBQ Ribs — a slab of ribs cut into individual fingers, tossed in Chicken Charlie’s famous flour and fried, then tossed in homemade BBQ sauce infused with special seasonings.
• Deep-Fried Kool-Aid — Kool-Aid mixed with Charlie’s sweet batter, then fried like donut holes, then decorated with a cherry flavored powdered sugar.
• Deep-Fried Brownie — Start with the freshest and best brownie money can buy, dipped in homemade sweet batter and fried until golden and crispy, then slathered in more chocolate.
• Deep-Fried Girl Scout Cookies — Start with everyone’s favorite Girl Scout Cookie, the Thin Mint. That’s dipped in homemade sweet batter and deep fried, then decorated with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar.
Del Mar Diner in Plaza de México:
• “Cornucopia!” – Deep-Fried Corn on the Cob
• “Hash Dog” – Crispy Golden Hash Brown Corn Dog
• “Sweet Dog” – Tasty Sweet Potato Corn Dog
Note: Small versions of the Hash Dog and Sweet Dog will be offered on Taste of the Fair Tuesday, where you can get “taster” portions of favorite Fair foods for $2.00. On PennySaver Value Day (Fridays), a 2 for 1 coupon for Cornucopia will be included in the PennySaver book given out at the entrance gates.
And More Deep-Fried Delicacies:
• Juicy’s: Deep-Fried Beef Jerky
• Funnel Cake Express: Deep-Fried Candy Kabob
• Mexican Funnel Cake Stand: Deep-Fried, Baby-Ruth-Filled Jalapeños
New Food Booths:
• Pink’s is coming to the Fair! Located outside Bing Crosby Hall, this Hollywood legend (since 1939) will be serving up their famous hot dogs, such as the “Rosie O’Donnell Dog”, a 7-inch Hoffy all-beef hot dog topped with mustard, onions, chili and sauerkraut; and the “Martha Stewart Dog,” a 7-inch Hoffy all-beef hot dog topped with relish, onions, bacon, chopped tomatoes, sauerkraut and sour cream. Also, Polish Dogs, chili dogs and many more!
• Everything Cheese, a kid-friendly booth in the Infield near Kiddieland, with kid-sized pizzas, mac and cheese cups, deep-fried cheese curds, mozzarella sticks, grilled cheese sandwiches, baby carrots with ranch dressing, celery sticks and juice boxes, plus much more.
This entry was posted on June 17, 2011 by tmee3. It was filed under Uncategorized and was tagged with Barbecue, Batter (cooking), Chocolate-Covered Bacon, Cooking, Corn dog, Deep frying, Girl Scout Cookie.